Since we visited the desert for our Summer Reading Challenges, I thought we'd take to the sea for our June readathon! We're going to be exploring the seven seas of Bookverse and discovering a pirate port town!
This theme will be released on May 12th at 12pmCST and the readathon itself will take place June 26th-July 2nd.
This blog post is going to go over all the info you need plus answer some frequently asked questions that I get about our readathons!
Jump to the questions or keep reading to see all the details.
- Estimated last day to order items: Jun 5th (Due to possible delays, this is not an exact date)
- Readathon Dates: Monday, June 26th - Sunday, July 2nd
- Location: Creating & Co Book Club (or you can follow along on Instagram and do it on your own)
- # of Prompts: 5 challenge prompts
- Giveaway Info: There will be at least 2 chances to win shop credit in the Facebook group throughout the week
- Group Read: TBA, will vote in the book club group
Since it's been a couple of years since we've done a pirate theme, I thought we'd do it again. Last time, we didn't have a reading challenge or readathon to go with it, so I thought it would be fun.
It's also been awhile since we've done a map readathon so for this one, we're exploring a part of Bookverse and for each prompt, we'll fill in a bit of the map.
With this in mind, there's five landmarks we're going to put on the map. To do this, just check out the corresponding reading prompt. All you have to do is read a book that fits that prompt and once you're done, lay the sticker down on your map.
- Far Off Land (upper forest with 6 trees): This book needs to feature either a different country or land that is set in our world or a fantasy world or something of that nature.
- Seafaring (lower forest with 3 trees): This book should deal with water in some way. Either the characters take a ship or it takes place at a beach or the cover features water
- Treasured (castle): This could be taken in a lot of ways. Maybe it's a reread of a favorite or you read a friend's favorite book or it's a new book that you're super excited to read.
- Sequel (mountain range): This is any book that is not the first book of the series. Maybe it's book 2 or book 24, either way, it counts as a sequel!
- Group Read/Free Space (town): we'll be voting on this in the C&C Book Club FB group starting the week of 5/15. We do try to make our group reads fit a bunch of different prompts so you can tackle them at the same time.
If you have another way to interpreting the prompts, you can change it up! I won't police your book picks so feel free to make them work for you! You can also ask for recommendations or suggestions in the facebook group and we'll have posts that allow for book recs too.
I also included a way to track media if you decide you want to read a book for a prompt and watch something that covers it too! If you don't want to do the watchathon part, feel free to leave that part blank or even cover it with deco stickers. There's a tall sticker in the pack that will allow you to cover that part completely as well (no extra purchase required)
As always, we're releasing a weekly kit, a line of functional items, and the readathon tracking stickers. We try to have as many options as possible so you'll be able to find stickers that work best for your planning style!
You'll be able to choose from multiple weekly kit options. We'll have our three options available -- vertical/standard, creative journaling and a one page "anti-kit" that is perfect to just add a little deco to your week!
Each of our 2023 reading challenges and events will have a badge sticker that you can use with our Reading Challenge Tracker (in 3 sizes) to keep track of all the events you participate in this year!
It's so much fun to see the sheets fill up as the year goes on and helps you feel accomplished as you complete each one!
You can also pick up a stock of our selection of functional stickers, journal cards and other items so you can get creative and deck out your planner and journal to really celebrate the event!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do you have to buy stickers to participate in the readathon? No, our events are all free to participate in but having the stickers make them a lot more fun!
- Do you have to read 5 books in one week? Absolutely not! You can read 1 book that covers all 5 prompts if you want or you can read 1 book for each prompt or any other number of books and have them cover as many prompts as you like.
- Do you have to read a certain genre? Not at all! I like to try to pick books that fit the theme but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for that genre or vibe so I'll pick another type of book that I am in the mood for and let the kit theme be just for fun.