Fairy Forest September 2023 Readathon
I've been looking forward to this readathon since last year, but admittedly my vision for it changed quite a bit since my first thought of it. Originally, I was going to do little dark fairies with a graveyard setting, as a throwback towards the Read in Peace readathon we did for a few years.
Instead, I decided to do more of a fairy forest because it was a bit more whimsical and fit the September vibe a bit better. I love the atmosphere of this one and I can't wait to use it in my planner and I hope you do too!
This theme will be released on August 18th at 12pmCST and the readathon will take place at the end of September from the 25th to October 1st.
This blog post is going to go over all the info you need plus answer some frequently asked questions that I get about our readathons!
Jump to the questions or keep reading to see all the details.
- Estimated last day to order items: Sept 10th (Due to possible delays, this is not an exact date)
- Readathon Dates: Monday, Sept 25th - Sunday, Oct 1st
- Location: Creating & Co Book Club (or you can follow along on Instagram and do it on your own)
- # of Prompts: 5 challenge prompts
- Giveaway Info: There will be at least 2 chances to win shop credit in the Facebook group throughout the week
- Group Read: TBA, will vote in the book club group
Like I said before, I love the atmosphere in this kit and I think I'll use the opportunity to read some of the Fae/Elf books I have on my TBR.
I also really loved the Falling Reads challenge I made so I used the same concept here, mostly because the original idea I had just ended up kind of looking like a bunch of clipart thrown on a page and it wasn't cohesive.
I think this looks like it will be a cute little page in your planner once it's all done and that's always a win!
Our readathons have five prompts. For each book you read that fits a prompt, simply fill in the title and rating and then using one of the floral books to cover a grayed out book on the page.
Here are the prompts:
- Trope Potion: a book that features more than one trope ie: the "chosen one" trope and a "starcrossed lovers" trope
- Number in Title: contains a number in the title
- Morally Gray: a character has morality that doesn't align with black & white or good v evil
- Back to Nature: a portion of the book takes place in nature or the plot is heavily influenced by nature
- Group Read/Free Space: we'll be voting on this in the C&C Book Club FB group starting the week of 8/21. We do try to make our group reads fit a bunch of different prompts so you can tackle them at the same time.
If you have another way to interpreting the prompts, you can change it up! I won't police your book picks so feel free to make them work for you! You can also ask for recommendations or suggestions in the facebook group and we'll have posts that allow for book recs too.
I also included a way to track media if you decide you want to read a book for a prompt and watch something that covers it too! If you don't want to do the watchathon part, feel free to leave that part blank or even cover it with deco stickers.
As always, we're releasing a weekly kit, a line of functional items, and the readathon tracking stickers. We try to have as many options as possible so you'll be able to find stickers that work best for your planning style!
You'll be able to pick up the vertical kit or the journal kit. Both are great to use for any planner or even mix and match the two to create layouts across your planner and journal.
Each of our 2023 reading challenges and events will have a badge sticker that you can use with our Reading Challenge Tracker (in 3 sizes) to keep track of all the events you participate in this year!
It's so much fun to see the sheets fill up as the year goes on and helps you feel accomplished as you complete each one!
You can also pick up a stock of our selection of functional stickers, journal cards and other items so you can get creative and deck out your planner and journal to really celebrate the event!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do you have to buy stickers to participate in the readathon? No, our events are all free to participate in but having the stickers make them a lot more fun!
- Do you have to read 5 books in one week? Absolutely not! You can read 1 book that covers all 5 prompts if you want or you can read 1 book for each prompt or any other number of books and have them cover as many prompts as you like.
- Do you have to read a certain genre? Not at all! I like to try to pick books that fit the theme but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for that genre or vibe so I'll pick another type of book that I am in the mood for and let the kit theme be just for fun.