Fall 2021 Reading Challenge Info
Eek! This is always my favorite time of the year for reading challenges and readathons and I'm so excited that it's finally the week of our Fall Reading Challenge release!
I postponed this release for a couple of weeks so I could really make sure it was how I want, instead of just throwing it together (which is what I would have had to do) and I'm so glad I did! I was making tweaks on this up until last week and it's finally time to spill all the details!
The story for this one is that it's a small village bookshop called the Tall Tale Book Shop and they have a little hedgehog as their store mascot and there's a cozy little coffee shop that serves homemade pie.
Aka it's the best place to spend your fall time! Everything will be in the shop on Friday 9/10 at 12pm CST and these are a self - start challenge which means you can start as soon as the mail gets to you!
For all of our seasonal challenges, we release a bunch of things -- weekly kits, monthly kits, challenge sets, functional stickers and even an enamel pin and washi set! So, let's get started with sharing!
We're doing group reads for our reading challenges this year -- we'll ask for suggestions on Friday 9/10 in the Creating & Co Book Club and officially vote next week! Make sure you're there so you can help us decide!
In case this is your first challenge with us, here's how it works:
- Each prompt on the challenge has a number that corresponds to it. Let's say for the first book you read, you pick the first prompt of a book with "leaves on cover".
- You can write in the title of the book you read in the challenge table
- And then pick a book sticker that looks like the one that has the 1 on it in the empty shelf. Place that book sticker over the greyed out book labeled 1 on the shelf!
- Repeat until you fill up your shelf!
Our most common size is our 4.75" x 6.75" dashboard + book stickers -- this is the one shown above! It fits perfect in our build your own book journal too!
We will also have a few other sizes:
- A 7" x 9" version that you can use in most common planners--Erin Condren, Happy Planner, Yellow Paper House, Paper House Productions, etc.
- A 3.25" x 6.5" size that is perfect for hobo weeks or personal size planners
- A "separated" version that gives you all of the elements of the dashboard on its own so you can design your own page in your plannero bullet journal.
And of course, you don't want to miss our weekly kit! We're going to do a planning party for this kit during the week of November 15th - 21st! This is a week where we all use the stickers from the theme or the colors from the kit in the book club group! It'll be a fun wrap up before the holidays!
We also have some other functional items that are handy to have throughout the season -- this way you can build your own pack of sticker sheets that will fit your planning style perfectly!
Each of our seasonal challenges will also have an enamel pin that matches. For this one, we have the little hedgehog I mentioned earlier. He's definitely one of my favorites for this year!
Finally, we're releasing another set of our book pages washi tape! These are PERFECT because they're neutral but have a pop of copper-y foil!
Quick Note: both our washi and our enamel pins are LIMITED STOCK so make sure you grab them early!
Finally, all of our challenges are free to participate in, so if you'd like, go ahead and print the table for yourself!
Make sure you're in the Creating & Co Book Club to share some recommendations for each of these prompts and we'll see you here on the website tomorrow when its time for everything to go live!