Sweet Treats December 2023 Readathon
Can you believe I've never done a gingerbread town theme? I can't believe it! But we're fixing that with our latest readathon!
Sweet Treats is a cute little gingerbread town filled with gingerbread cookies that love to read and I think it turned out SO CUTE. I love the pink candy skies and all the details on the house and library.
Anyway, this theme will be released on October 13th but will actually be in the shop on October 12th at 12pmCST so you can start building your carts! We'll be joining the Ultimate Planner Sale that weekend and I like giving everyone a head start before the sale starts to get everything ready.
The readathon will take place from December 4th-December 10th
This blog post is going to go over all the info you need plus answer some frequently asked questions that I get about our readathons!
- Estimated last day to order items: November 13th (Due to possible delays, this is not an exact date)
- Readathon Dates: Monday, Dec 4th - Sunday, Dec 1 0th
- Location: Creating & Co Book Club (or you can follow along on Instagram and do it on your own)
- # of Prompts: 5 challenge prompts
- Giveaway Info: There will be at least 2 chances to win shop credit in the Facebook group throughout the week
- Group Read: TBA, will vote in the book club group
Since we're coming up on the end of the year and December is always a busy time with the holidays, I like to keep our December readathon super casual. So all of the prompts are designed to be low pressure so you can have more fun and less stress.
Our readathons have five prompts. For each book you read that fits a prompt, simply fill in the title and rating and then using one of the floral books to cover a grayed out book on the page. You can read one book per prompt or find books that fit multiple prompts
Here are the prompts:
- Best for Last: This one is a 5 star read -- either a book you think will be 5 stars or a reread of a favorite! This is great for the end of the year
- Something to Talk About: This book is a book that's been hyped either by your friends or just one you see online a lot.
- Snowflakes on Cover: this one is pretty self explanatory -- there's snow or snowflakes on the cover!
- Anywhere but here: since we're so busy for the holidays, we'll be reading a book that gets us out of our heads for a bit so this one is a book that takes place somewhere you want to go or just one that sucks you in.
- Group Read/Free Space: we'll be voting on this in the C&C Book Club FB group starting the week of 10/16. We do try to make our group reads fit a bunch of different prompts so you can tackle them at the same time. No worries, I'll announce the group read on IG and tiktok so you can follow along if you aren't in the group!
If you have another way to interpreting the prompts, you can change it up! I won't police your book picks so feel free to make them work for you! You can also ask for recommendations or suggestions in the facebook group and we'll have posts that allow for book recs too.
I also included a way to track media if you decide you want to read a book for a prompt and watch something that covers it too! If you don't want to do the watchathon part, feel free to leave that part blank or even cover it with deco stickers.
As always, we're releasing a weekly kit, a line of functional items, and the readathon tracking stickers. We try to have as many options as possible so you'll be able to find stickers that work best for your planning style!
You'll be able to pick up the vertical kit or the journal kit. Both are great to use for any planner or even mix and match the two to create layouts across your planner and journal.
NEW KIT FORMAT!
BUT this time we have a new kit! I'm calling it a "deco" kit because I want to see what you guys think! Basically, I went scrolling through all of your layouts and noticed you guys like to have a bunch of decorative stuff and labels but you seem to be pulling functional stuff from your regular stash so I made a new 4 page kit to try out.
This kit is kind of the best of both of our other formats -- the bigger deco and journal shapes plus the boxes and labels of the standard/vertical kit.
You'll be able to pick up each page by itself or all together as a bundle. I really like this one and if you guys do too, we may end up only releasing these kits if they are more popular than the other two formats.
Each of our 2023 reading challenges and events will have a badge sticker that you can use with our Reading Challenge Tracker (in 3 sizes) to keep track of all the events you participate in this year!
It's so much fun to see the sheets fill up as the year goes on and helps you feel accomplished as you complete each one!
You can also pick up a stock of our selection of functional stickers, journal cards and other items so you can get creative and deck out your planner and journal to really celebrate the event!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do you have to buy stickers to participate in the readathon? No, our events are all free to participate in but having the stickers make them a lot more fun!
- Do you have to read 5 books in one week? Absolutely not! You can read 1 book that covers all 5 prompts if you want or you can read 1 book for each prompt or any other number of books and have them cover as many prompts as you like.
- Do you have to read a certain genre? Not at all! I like to try to pick books that fit the theme but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for that genre or vibe so I'll pick another type of book that I am in the mood for and let the kit theme be just for fun.